Machine Gun Training Centre, British Army
Located at Belton Park, Grantham, Lincolnshire.
|Machine Gun Training Centre, British Army|
|Sources for overview:|
|Sources for created:|
|Sources for alternate names:|
|Sources for disbanded:|
|For more information on what infobox fields mean, see documentation at military unit, command structure and theatre of war.|
|Parent unit:||Machine Gun Corps, British Army|
- 1/5th Battalion, Lincolnshire Regiment, British Army (August 1915 to August 1916; service number 3150)
- 203rd Machine Gun Company, British Army (August 1916 to January 1918; service number 67672; promoted from private to sergeant)
- Machine Gun Training Centre, British Army (instructor from January 1918 to end of war)
He also spent time in several other training camps and hospitals in the UK. He enlisted in November 1914 and may have spent time training with 2/5th Battalion, Lincolnshire Regiment, British Army but this is not made clear in the catalogue description.
Cuthbert Henry Tindall Lucas served as a general in command of the following units:
- 87th Infantry Brigade, British Army (1915-1917, including Gallipoli and the Somme)
- Machine Gun Training Centre, British Army (1918)
- 4th Division, British Army (October 1918)
Unit war diaries
No war diaries exist for this unit. This could be because:
- units and formations were only required to keep official war diaries when operating in a theatre of war.
- war diaries were created but no longer survive.
- some unit pages on this site that represent groups of formation troops don't correspond to a unit or staff department that kept war diaries.
Other official documents
- Machine Gunner Training at the Vickers Machine Gun website.