From Linking experiences of World War One
The history of black people in the First World War.
- Richard Smith, 'Recovering West Indian Memories of the First World War', Leeds University Legacies of War seminar. Video on YouTube.
- The Great War in Africa Association
- TNA Research Guide: Soldiers in African forces under British control
- Richard Smith's website, including links and bibliography.
- Stephen Bourne, Black Poppies: Britain's Black Community and the Great War (The History Press, 2014).
- Caribbean Roll of Honour
- F. Cundall, Jamaica's Part in the Great War, 1914–1918 (Institute of Jamaica, 1925).
- Guy Grannum, Tracing Your West Indian Ancestors (London, Public Record Office, 2002).
- Sir Harry H. Johnston, The Black Man's Part in the War (London: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1917). Available at the Internet Archive.
- Richard Smith, Jamaican volunteers in the First World War: race, masculinity and the development of national consciousness (Manchester University Press, 2004).
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category ‘Black history’
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.