3rd Battalion, Royal Welsh Fusiliers, British Army
|3rd Battalion, Royal Welsh Fusiliers, British Army|
|Specific type:||Infantry battalion|
|Sources for overview:|
|Sources for created:|
|Name1:||3rd (Reserve) Battalion Royal Welsh Fusiliers|
|Reason for change:|
|Sources for name1:|||
|Alternate names:||3rd RWF|
|Sources for alternate names:|
|Sources for disbanded:|
|For more information on what infobox fields mean, see documentation at military unit, command structure and theatre of war.|
|Parent unit:||Royal Welsh Fusiliers, British Army|
The famous poet Siegfried Sassoon served in these units:
- 1/1st Sussex Yeomanry, British Army
- 3rd Battalion, Royal Welsh Fusiliers, British Army
- 1st Battalion, Royal Welsh Fusiliers, British Army
- 25th Battalion, Royal Welsh Fusiliers, British Army in Palestine, early 1918
- 2nd Battalion, Royal Welsh Fusiliers, British Army
Siegfried Sassoon's journals are online at Cambridge Digital Library (but note that his Memoirs of an Infantry Officer is a fictionalised novel, not his own memoirs).
Unit war diaries
No war diaries exist for this unit. This could be because:
- units and formations were only required to keep official war diaries when operating in a theatre of war.
- war diaries were created but no longer survive.
- some unit pages on this site that represent groups of formation troops don't correspond to a unit or staff department that kept war diaries.
Other official documents